Friday, June 24, 2005

Race 4 - First is first, second is nowhere. Fourth...And it's the butchers window

I'm going to keep this brief because I am currently in transit. I am on a National Express coach (do they call it Greyhound in America?), on my way to visiting an old flame in Darlington - Darlo to those in the know - and the WiFi on my laptop is playing up, so I will stick to the brass tacks:

I came fourth last night and my life and career is spiraling out of control, hence the reason I am taking some time to get away from it all in Darlo. I don't why this is happening to me but for some reason I just can't pull it all together. All of a sudden I realise that when Jono tells me "You've got a career in medical science ahead of you", he doesn't mean as a chemist.

When you are a top level sportsman, you live and die by your results and mine aint looking too pretty. I have tried cutting back on my celebrity lifestyle - I did just the one DJ set last week - and as for the ladies...well, I am practically a Monk! See the picture below if you don't believe me - I restricted myself to just three last night.

What I need - desperately - is a win and I have come to Darlo to see if the town can give me some inspiration. I am heading down to Escapades nitespot tomorrow and I hope this is just the tonic.

Wish me luck - will let you know on my adventures.

Peace. Love. Woof.

FF

No comments: