Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Me & Mr Jones


Being on the 'rest list' has meant that I've been watching plenty of TV lately. I've invested in a home cinema for my kennel, complete (of course) with sub-woofer and like most of the pupulation, I've been gripped by the Ashes.

So it was really nice for my pal and England's best bowler Simon Jones - Jonesy to the Flyer - to send his good wishes. A couple of people have said to me "isn't it brilliant that he can swing it both ways?" Not sure about that one. I always thought Jonesy could easily bowl a maiden over. Terrific guy as well - he has no airs or WG Graces about him and he's a wicket bloke.

Like myself, Simon is laid up with an injury at the moment. In order to get fit for the final test against the Aussies, he's having stints in an oxygen chamber to cure his ankle injury. I asked Jono if I could have the same sort of treatment so I can get back on the track as soon as possible. He said that nearest I'd get to any 02 would be if he let me borrow his phone.

When the cricket hasn't been on I've been a bit stumped on what to do with myself. Luckily, it's my second birthday tomorrow so get your messages in to woof@flyingfrank.com asap!

Peace. Love. Woof.

FF

No comments: