Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Save the Stow - sign the petition


These are very busy times indeed - and I need your help.

News has reached me that plans are afoot for the home of Greyhound racing, Walthamstow Stadium (AKA 'The Stow'), to be sold to a property developer called George Wimpey. Obviously, with over 70 years of heritage, it will be a massive blow to Greyhound Racing in the UK and an even bigger blow to your good pal, Flying Frank. I nearly hit the woof when I heard - I mean, where will I race if they get rid of the stow?

Not good news, I am sure you'll agree. Which is why I have decided to do something about it.

I have set up an online petition at
www.savethestow.com

Please go there, sign it and then forward onto as many people as possible.

It will only take 2 minutes. My plan is to present this, in person, to both George Wimpey and the owners of the stow to convince them to change their minds.

Obviously, I have been deploying my celebrity pals to see what support they can lend and I am delighted that my good buddy Science - or the Sciencemeister, as I know him - has chipped in with a little experiment of his own. Someone said to me that I don't know him from atom, but that's not true at all. We have built up a great chemistry together and although I haven't spoken to him for a while (I kept him on the back bunsen-burner), I knew he would come through for me.

You can still keep up to date with all my goings-on here at www.flyingfrank.com but please, please, sign on at www.savethestow.com

That website again - www.savethestow.com

Thanks.

Peace. Love. Woof.

FF

No comments: