Monday, January 16, 2006

The hostess with the Makostness


I'll be honest with you, I very nearly wasn't here this week.

After weeks of talks, offers, counter-offers and cloak-and-dagger meetings, I decided in the end to turn down the opportunity to appear on Big Brother.

Whilst I'm a big fan of the Channel Paw programme, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. They would have me up to all sorts on there, probably getting me on a chair trying to impersonate a human being and all that. It would have been so humiliating and I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I know I like a bit of fun with the ladies and all, but at the end of the day racing is my business.

Besides, I have to avoid Tracy Bingham for the foreseeable future (if she asks, just say I have moved to the Congo and should be back sometime in 2010). The package they were offering me was fantastic as well - one years supply of Pedigree chum, a brand new piece of rope to chew on (mmmm, rope) and a pooper scooper. They also offered expenses too. They were prepared to take me down there in the back of a brand-new Volvo estate and stick me in a proper wooden kennel (from B&Q) before I went in the house. Despite all that, I've decided to concentrate on work.

Nevertheless, I thought I would put up a picture of my good mate Makosi Musambasi, star of the last series of Big Brother. She's a good lass, The Makos-meister, and we originally met when I was making a personal appearance in Zimbabwe many years ago - I'm too much of a gent to tell you what happened, but suffice to say I didn't let my country down. I have given her a bit of advice on how to handle fame and as soon as she becomes famous, I'm sure she'll implement it.

As I was saying, I'm concentrating on my racing at the moment and the situation is simple - I'm battered, bruised but making progress. I raced at The Stow on Saturday night and I was even the favourite to win. Alas, the world of greyhound racing is quite bitchy at times and there are several people who want to ruin things for me, hence me getting bumped twice in the same race. Nevermind, I won't let them get me down. Onwards, upwards and onto the next race. Will let you know when it is.

Got to go now - I have a conference call about the possibility of appearing on Living TV's 'I'm famous and frightened'.

Peace. Love. Woof.


Flying Frank


P.S. - Thanks to my homegirl Diana. I lurrved the pictures of those ladies. Keep them coming people to woof@flyingfrank.com

P.P.S - I have heard about a certain dog called Jus for Xmas who is trying to muscle in on my territory. Yawn. Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby.

No comments: