Thursday, November 03, 2005

Motivation's what you need

Well if you haven't already heard, I came second. It was a tremendous night at The Stow (the place was packed to the rafters - how can they even think about closing it down?? - stop this madness and go to www.savethestow.com now) and there was a big posse from Frank PR there.

On the plus side, I ran fine and I am really in my stride now after my injury. However, I don't know if it was the bright lights, the atmosphere or the fact that Dave the handler wasn't with me (he's only part-time, you see), but it just didn't happen. I went round fine and in the back straight I flew, but ultimately I could only manage second. I hate that flippin' trap 2.

Anyway, you can probably see a pattern emerging - second. I keep coming second! Silver medal positions a-plenty and I'm getting fed up with it. Which is why I have called in reinforcements. I got on the blower and got my big mate Mr Motivator to give me a bit of advice. You can see Mr Mo, as I call him, in the photo above - I have known him for a while, primarily through Lorraine Kelly (Special LK) and their connection at Greyhound Morning TV. He's a great guy but not sure his message is going to hep me, I mean:

Be bad? - I'm not Michael Jackson mate!

Be mean? - ahem, I am Irish, not Scottish

Be wicked? - Whatever Mr Mo. 'Wicked' is so nineties. I'm not wicked, I'm dope.

He also told me I should think about a Marathon. Don't know about that one - I prefer to think about Maltesers. They're the lighter way to enjoy chocolate.

I don't know, he has a good track record and he is a lovely guy, apart from when he wears those colourful leotard get-ups. It's enough to put a man off his Iams. Anyway, I will keep his words close to my heart (as I do those of all my celeb friends) as I have another race coming up - I am flying out of trap 2 (boo! Down with the red coat. Give me red I tell thee! Red!) in the 20.39. It takes place this Saturday night and with a Stow Faithful pushing me on, keep your fingers crossed for me.

As ever, full updates only on www.flyingfrank.com

Later,

Peace. Love. Woof.

Flying Frank

3 comments:

kitcatcandy said...

Hi Frank!

Sorry to hear you came second again, if you dont get a first soon your trainers wont be happy with you, as you wont be earning your keep anymore. That Iams is expensive.

Frank, in your next race you may be running for your life.

pete said...

Hey, you have a great blog here Flying Frank, searching for info on happy dog training I just stumbled across you. Although Motivation's what you need is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my interest. I see now why I found your blog looking for information on happy dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog I intend to bookmark you, thanks for the read.

pete said...

Hey, Flying Frank, you have a great blog here! Out searching the net for information on valley dog training I found your site. Although Motivation's what you need is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page looking for information on valley dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.