Friday, September 30, 2005

Cheeky Chappie

Well, you can see from the picture to the side of me that the celebrity backing for me, my blog and my www.savethestow.com campaign goes from strength to strength. The latest to 'pop' up is my good friend and music guru, Nicki 'Chappers' Chapman. I know that she is an avid reader of my blog, as shown in her 'jokes' written on her message - 'hope you're not feeling ruff', 'you're my pup idol' - hmmmmm, not sure about this. You don't see me sitting on a table in Tamworth leisure centre telling bad singers to aimlessly 'follow their dream', do you? No, that's right, I couldn't do it. Leave the gags to me, Chappers.

In any case, Chappers is a lovely lady and we have been friends for years. She has always given me some great advice about the music industry. She told me that the best way to connect with my audience is to firstly find a genre of music that will speak to people - in my case Rock 'n' (water) bowl - and secondly, to go out on paw, sorry, I mean tour. There may be a future for me in the music biz after I have finished my racing days - who knows? There is often talk about a collaboration with other dog-related acts, such as Snoop or Mutt-ya from the Sugababes but I am not so sure - it's a cat eat cat world out there and I might just prefer to spend the days lazing around with my friends at the kennel.

As far as the here and now is concerned, things continue to gather pace. There has been continued interest in me and my campaign to save the stow. If you haven't done so already, get your fingers clicking onto www.savethestow.com and help rescue the home of greyhound racing from the claws of some big nasty men. As far as racing goes, your favourite greyhound will be back in the traps soon. I am chilling this Saturday (Bollywood Buzz is on the Pakistani Channel - must see TV, so I asked Jono if I could skip the Stow for one week) but hope to be running again either next Tuesday or Thursday.

That's all for now.

P.S. - Big shout out to my good friend Chrissy C. Can't wait to see what you've got buddy!

Peace. Love. Woof.

FF

No comments: